Saturday 3 May 2008

Midnite mumbling

It’s 12.45am and I just reached home from office. It has been a really, really loooong and tiring day, and it’s Friday for crying out loud – left home at 6.00am today (or, technically it was yesterday) so that I could jog around the klcc park before I start working. Been working till so late everyday that I couldn’t find time for my own health that I have to resort to exercising (albeit irregularly) in the early morning instead.

When the works just got too hectic to the point of unbearable, I couldn’t help but always thought about the options that lay ahead of me within the next few months – stay and get promoted, get moved out to another function which will definitely require me to not stay in each place more than 2 months (at least for a total of a good 2 to 3 years), or the last option which I quite like the most but probably with the biggest hassles – resign and go work elsewhere, far from this work-crazy society.

As for now, I try to take one step at a time – finish the fiscal account for the audit next week, then get myself ready for the audit in china which starts end of next week (the audit boss has warned me over our teleconf the other day “you must come running and in high gear. Do not spend the first 2 days there just trying to understand the work program”), then come back and do the crazily tedious month-end on my own in preparation for the internal promo. It’s actually all these that in the past several months has robbed me from my own personal time– all the weekday nites and weekends that I should have spent more leisurely.

Right now I couldn’t help but think – are these all really worth it? I really need to start re-considering my priorities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.