Monday 12 May 2008

Tremor

I was interviewing some girl (well, for work, obviously) when suddenly there were some commotions and panic in the office. Then that girl asked me if i feel kinda dizzy, which i did. I asked what is about, and she said there's an earthquake. Oh man, that was my first encounter with earthquake (i somehow missed the one that hit KL last year sometime during the tsunami), and i was not totally amused. When i arrived in hotel at about 8pm, the death toll as reported on CNN was somewhere around 100 (including 900 students trapped under the collapsed school building). But by now, 12.01am, the total fatalities has hit a disastrous 7000+!! The center of the quake is a province called Chengdu, and only last week did the team have a small discussion on whether we should include Chengdu or not for field visit, which we eventually decided against it in view of its less consequential activity as compared to other provinces.

Dear friends, pray that I will be back to KL in one healthy piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waa.. takutnye..
take care eh bro..!!

~Aina

Anonymous said...

Yeah lar.Come back safe.Tak belikan I souvenir pun takper...

...
..
.